Marinated Flank Steak
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Asian chili sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Rinse and pat dry the flank steak. Score the meat lightly in a 2" diamond pattern, to allow the flavour of the marinade to penetrate.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a heavy resealable Ziploc bag. Place meat in the marinade and cover, or seal and marinate in the refrigerator 6 hours or overnight, turning 2 - 3 times.
- Preheat the barbecue on HIGH, and brush the grids with oil to prevent sticking. Place the flank steak on hot grids, and reduce heat to MEDIUM. Grill approximately 5 minutes per side for medium. Allow the steak to rest for 3 - 5 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, place the marinade in a small heavy saucepan and bring to a boil on the sideburner and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Carve the steak into thin slices on the diagonal, against the grain. Drizzle the cooked marinade over the meat.
Ginger Beef & Pineapple Kabobs
- 3/4 cup Knorr® Teriyaki Marinade with Pineapple Juice
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained, reserving 1 tbsp of liquid
- 1 1/2 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 12 wooden skewers
- In small bowl, whisk together teriyaki marinade with pineapple juice, ginger and 1 tbsp pineapple juice
- Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade mixture.
- In resealable plastic food storage bag, combine steak, 1/2 cup marinade mixture and vegetables. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning several times.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes before using to help reduce burning.
- Remove beef; discard used marinade. On skewers, alternately thread steak, vegetables and pineapple chunks until all are used.
- Grill or broil, about 4" from heat source. Cook to desired doneness, turning and basting with reserved marinade mixture.
Find out more about Thousands of Grills and Smokers
- Gas Grills
- Insulated Gravity Flows
- Offset Smokers
- Pellet Grills
- Ugly Drum Smokers
- Water Cookers
- Ceramic Cookers
- Santa Maria Style Cooker
- BBQ Guru
- Bradley Smokers