Chicken Processing -How to Cut Up and Debone a Chicken
- Perdue Chicken
- Tyson Chicken
- Foster Farms
- Amick Farms
- Sanderson Farms
- Bilal Chicken
- House of Raeford
- Columbia Farms is House of Raeford
- How to Cut Up a Chicken
Chicken Processing – How to Cut Up and Debone a Chicken
2. To remove a wing, pull it away from the body. Slit the skin between the wing and body. Bend the wing back until the joint breaks. Cut through the joint. Repeat on the other side.
3. With a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut along the breast end of ribs on one side, cutting toward the neck to separate the breast from the back. Repeat on the other side. Bend front and back halves apart. Cut through neck joints that connect halves.
4. To divide the back in half, hold the piece at each end. Bend the ends toward the skin side until the bones break. Cut the back in half where the bones are broken. Cut off the tail.
5. To divide the breast in half, cut lengthwise along breastbone. Or, to divide breast in half crosswise, grasp breast at each end and bend breast toward the skin side to break bones. Cut between the wishbone and the breastbone, as shown.
Always use gloves when ever you cut up a chicken. Don’t lets it set out more than an hour. Bring it up to a minimum of 160 for breast and 175 for other parts. Let them rest in a Cambro and it will finish the cook for you.