Varied Nutritional Values of Beef You May Not Know
As an indispensable diet for those who want to diet or who are athletic, beef improves health, prevents disease and promotes the formation of new proteins. In addition, it also actively supports the recovery of the body after the hard training sessions.
Beef has many nutritional values that many people may not know. Let’s check it out what they are.
Varied Nutritional Value of Beef
In 100 grams of beef, there are 28 grams of protein along with lots of vitamins B12, B6, carnitine, potassium, zinc, magnesium, iron. At the same time, that volume of meat will provide 280 kcal energy, twice as much as fish and other meat.
- Certainly, protein is the main ingredient in all types of meat, not just beef. Of which, in beef, this content accounted for nearly 30%. In particular, the protein is important for the body, the role of growth and maintenance of the body.
In a healthy lifestyle, frequent consumption of beef, or high-quality protein sources, can help maintain muscle mass, reducing the risk of Sarcopenia – Is a serious health problem in the elderly,
- The special of beef protein is that it contains a lot of amino acids, nitro acids, which help turn the protein of the food into organic sugar to provide for daily activities. In addition, beef also contains linoleic and palmitoleic acid that help prevent cancer and other germs.
With the same amount of beef but each process brings very different nutrients and energy. The best dish is steak because, with this processing, it will help the minerals in beef to achieve maximum efficiency.
- The fat content of beef is very low (about 5-10%). Beef contains a varying amount of fat (mainly saturated and monounsaturated), contributing significantly to energy storage. In addition to adding flavor, fat increases the caloric content of meat significantly. The amount of fat in beef depends on age, breed, sex, and food.
- Beef also contains carbohydrates, which help to reduce traumas such as weightlifting and other competitive sports. In addition, carbohydrates can inhibit fast oxidation, which protects muscle tissue.
- Beef contains a lot of minerals like protein, potassium, which are indispensable in the diet. Low potassium levels inhibit protein synthesis as well as growth hormone production, which will affect muscle growth.
- Magnesium and zinc contribute to protein synthesis and antioxidants to promote muscle growth. The salts of glutamic acid and vitamin B6 and zinc interact together to boost the immune system and, more importantly, can increase the efficiency of insulin metabolism.
- Beef is high in carnosine, which can reduce fatigue and improve performance during exercise.
- Beef contains vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is essential for cells, especially red blood cells carrying oxygen to the muscle tissue. Vitamin B12 promotes the amino acid to metabolize, thus providing the body with the energy needed for high-intensity activities.
- Hemoglobin is an important constituent in the blood. This substance is synthesized in the blood by iron. If the body is iron deficient, the amount of hemoglobin decreases. Normally red meats have a lot of iron, in which beef is a good example. Experts have researched and concluded that eating beef is very good for blood, which helps prevent anemia.
For this reason, meat during meals can increase the absorption of iron from other diet components. In addition, according to one study, when you eat beef, anti-anemia is more effective than taking iron.
How to Choose The Best Beef
Perfect beef is not dark red, and tallow must be yellow and hard. Choose to buy small, soft beef tenderloins, do not buy large and hard meat. Finally, when you touch the beef, if it’s not sticky and has no smell, that meat is good.
Cow meat is usually more delicious than bull meat. To get the best beef, you have to see that the meat is fresh and red, with small white veins and bright yellow fat.
If the beef color is pale blue, and there are white spots among the meat fibers, it means the cattle are sick.
If the meat smells bad, you should not buy it. Or if the beef has signs like dark color, dark yellow fat, yellow bone, the elasticity of meat is poor, or the surface of meat is viscous, you should be careful not to choose the rotten meat.
Simple Steak Recipe
- – 400 grams of steak
- – 1 teaspoon of garlic juice, 1-2 teaspoons of ginger juice
- – Spices: cooking oil, salt, pepper, soy sauce, rice vinegar.
- – First, wash the beef and cut into 4 equal pieces. Then, remove the beef tendon, using tools to smash the beef. This way is for when you marinate and cook, the beef will ripen quicker and taste better.
- – Marinate the beef with 1 teaspoon of garlic juice + 1 teaspoon of ginger juice + 1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce + 1 teaspoon of pepper. Mix well and let sit about 30 minutes.
- – Place a pan on the stove, add the oil with over high heat. During the cooking process, you should not flip the meat too much, with each side you will cook for about 3-5 minutes to get the perfect steak.
- – For the better taste, add a little butter and herb like rosemary, thyme, sage, … when cooking to make the dish has a rich flavor.
- – After removing it from the pan, let it sit for about 5 minutes to get the juicy and tender steak. This is the secret of cooking chefs in the world.
- – And done! Now, you can serve your steak and enjoy it with side dishes such as salad, fried potatoes, … to add more flavor to the meal.
In short, beef is one of the most common types of nutrient content. It is especially rich in high-quality protein, vitamins, and minerals. For this reason, it can improve muscle growth and maintenance as well as exercise performance. As an abundant source of iron, it can also reduce the risk of anemia. If you know how to combine beef with other foods properly and make a nutritional diet, you’ll have a healthy body for sure.
Kevin Richard is the founder of Richard’s Pantry. He spend plenty of time in the kitchen every day because he love cooking healthy and delicious foods for my family and friends. Cooking gives him a chance to be creative and fun. It’s also one of the most meaningful ways to express my love and take care of my little family.